Anne Kayser in 30 seconds
- 1. Independent non-executive directorship mandates
- 2. Compliance advices and Regulatory reviews
- 3. Compliance missions
Anne Kayser's four cardinal points
Compliance and Ethics
Three lines of defense
Policies and procedures
Four eyes principle
At a glance
Anne Kayser has built her career mainly in the financial services industry, where she has been active for over 30 years, holding several executive positions.
For about 15 years, she held senior assignments in Compliance, Internal Control and Regulatory Audit within the BNP Paribas Group in Luxembourg and Paris.
Based on her legal background, she began her career as Head of Legal Affairs in the context of the establishment of Crédit Commercial de France (CCF, today part of HSBC Group) in Luxembourg, before moving to BNP Luxembourg, where she contributed, in her role as Head of Legal, to the merger of the local affiliates of BNP and Paribas.
Following the integration of BGL into the BNP Paribas Group, Anne became in 2010 a member of the Management Board and Head of Compliance of BGL BNP Paribas, with responsibility for all entities and business lines of the Group in Luxembourg.
In 2014, Anne joined the BNP Paribas Headquarter as Deputy Head of the General Inspectorate and Head of the Financial Security Audit Line. In this position, she managed multicultural teams located in Paris, New York, Hong Kong and Singapore in negotiations with national supervisory authorities. Her assignment to the Paris HQ included also the leading of a transversal worldwide project on end-to-end KYC processes for CIB Group Compliance.
Since February 2020, Anne is offering Independent Non-Executive Directors mandates and Compliance and Regulatory advisory services, including interim missions.
Anne has been elected in May 2020 to the Board of the Luxembourg Institute of Directors (ILA).
She is participating to the 2020 INSEAD International Directors Programme.
Anne is collaborating as trainer with the House of Training in Luxembourg.
More about anne
Anne is holding several memberships, such with ACAMS, ALCO, ALJB, AMCHAM, IFA and ILA, where she is a member of the Integrity Committee. She is part of the Female Board Pool initiatives in Luxembourg, Belgium and Germany.
– Initiating and conducting a project on KYC reliance principles
– Analysing the impacts of depositary bank activities for Alternative Investment Funds
– Coordinating a Vade Mecum on crisis planning and management for Board members
– Moderating a webinar on Artificial Intelligence and its ethical and governance considerations for Boards
– Writing an article on roles and responsibilities of directors in Luxembourg, Belgium, France and Germany (view article)
Anne’s mother tongue is French. Being fluent in English, she has a reasonable knowledge in German and a basic knowledge in Dutch.
Her core values for your organisation
Trust and Commitment
Professionalism and Excellence
Experience and Track record
Pragmatism and Reactivity
One single point of contact
Your Needs, Her Solutions
Independent non-executive directorship mandates
- Need managing compliance and ethics risks at Board level?
- Need diversification among your Board members, looking for a compliance or “risk prevention oriented” experienced profile?
- Need a member for your Audit Committee?
- Looking for a “RR” (“Responsable du Respect des obligations”) for your Luxembourg ManCo or Fund’s Board of Directors?
- Need corporate governance advice for your Board or its specialized committees?
Having been involved in Corporate Governance all along her career and having interacted with Boards and their specialized committees, Anne is committed to provide her expertise to Boardrooms under mandates as an Independent Member of Boards of Directors or as Board advisor, in the financial services industry.
As former member of the Management Board and Head of Compliance of a systemic Bank, she has acquired inside knowledge of the functioning of a major Luxembourg financial institution and its business lines and functions.
Compliance advices and Regulatory reviews
- Need to improve or enhance your compliance program, including on financial crime, corruption, fraud, professional ethics?
- Need trainings, workshops or awareness programs on compliance or governance matters for Board members, Senior Executives or personnel?
- Need implementation or review of your compliance policies or procedures in accordance with your organisational and operating set up?
- Need (re) assessment of your compliance risks or review or enhancement of your control plans?
- Need advice on your internal control framework?
With her legal background combined with her expertise and her broad experience in the compliance field for a wide range of business lines – Private Banking, Retail Banking, Securities Services, Asset Management, Corporate Banking, CIB, Insurance, Real Estate, Leasing –, Anne understands your compliance challenges and is committed to serving your needs, with an efficient and tailor-made approach.
- Facing a temporary shortage of qualified resources within your Compliance or Internal Control departments?
- Need to conduct a remediation plan in a secure and efficient way?
- Need to implement regulatory requirements in a short period of time?
- Wish to conduct a project on your KYC processes?
- Need to lead a gap analysis on your regulatory environment?
Based on her experience to lead projects and to assist in change management with a view to complying with regulatory requirements and expectations, Anne may perform dedicated compliance interim assignments.
Used to work and coordinate with regulators on compliance topics, she is committed to implementing their expectations.
Knowledgeable in the enhancement of efficient compliance programs and being familiar, among others, with redacting Conduct rules, with the prevention and management of Conflicts of Interest and with leading control plans on financial crime (KYC, AML, sanctions and embargoes), Anne can be your privileged interlocutor and your single point of contact for proposing you a wide range of compliance missions.